2014 Annual Conference
REGISTER NOW and enjoy HUGE savings on the largest interdisciplinary conference in the world for rehabilitation research . . . up to 57% OFF.
ACRM 91st Annual Conference, Progress in Rehabilitation Research
INTERCONTINENTAL, TORONTO CENTRE AND THE
METRO TORONTO CONVENTION CENTRE
225 Front Street West
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
7 – 11 October 2014
What does NONSTOP CONTENT in
COME GROW WITH ACRM . . .
ACRM is the only international organization bringing rehabilitation researchers and providers from all diagnostic specialties together to network and learn from each other.
- Hear about cutting-edge rehabilitation research from top investigators
- Bring back evidence-based knowledge and best practices
- Explore innovative technologies
- Engage with an interdisciplinary, global community of colleagues
In 2013, ACRM celebrated its largest conference ever. Thanks to the hard work of the ACRM Program Committee and an astounding number of high-quality program submissions, this year’s conference is even LARGER.
- Increased content scope = Education in 7 PRACTICE AREAS under one roof
- Inclusive interdisciplinary focus = Strong value for the WHOLE rehab TEAM – CME/CEU Credits available in 11 disciplines
- Expanded pre- and post-conference program = 26 courses for in-depth learning
- TWO two-day courses = Cognitive Rehabilitation Training or Preventing & Reversing Vascular Disease
- 3X more exhibitors = More opportunities to see the latest technologies and services
- 90% more scientific papers and posters = more evidence-based content
- More symposia (108 courses over 3 days) = Outstanding value!
SPECIAL THANKS TO THE 2014 PROGRAM COMMITTEE
It is through the leadership of Program Committee Chair, Mike Jones and Chair-Elect, Pamela Roberts and the hard work of the committee that ACRM offers this exceptional educational program. Meet the 2014 Program Committee >>>
“If you are participating with ACRM for the first time, welcome to the family. If you are returning to the Conference, welcome home.”
— Mike Jones, PhD, FACRM
Program Committee Chair
BUNDLE OF SAVINGS — NEW ACRM WORLD PASS
The ACRM World Pass bundles conference events and services together for EXTRA savings. Pay as little as $795 and receive ALL of these conference favorites:
- Core conference registration (9 – 11 October: more than 100 educational symposia, 300+ papers and posters)
- CME/CEU credits in your choice of 11 disciplines
- Tickets to TWO lunch programs of your choice
- Henry B. Betts Awards Gala ticket
- DVD with PowerPoint slides of core conference symposia and instructional courses
NOMINATED FOR BEST ACRM SHORT FILM STARRING 2013 ATTENDEES
Watch this annual conference preview — Approved for all audiences.
“What a great production! Brought back memories of a great conference.” —Sue Ann Sisto … “Wow!!! Ready for the Oscars, I’d say! Very nice work.” —Jennifer Bogner … “Terrific! Beautifully edited. Well done. I want to go to the ACRM conference right now.” —Doug Katz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Case Managers
- Clinical Epidemiologists
- Clinical researchers
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapists
- Recreational Therapists
- Rehabilitation Nurses
- Rehabilitation Psychologists
- Rehabilitation/academic researchers
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Student/postdoctoral Fellows
- All rehabilitation professionals who need to know about cutting-edge research and the very latest in evidence-based practice.
MORE THAN A CONFERENCE . . .
- Continuing Education in 11 disciplines
- Pre- and post-conference in-depth Instructional Courses
- NONSTOP content in 7 practic areas
- Plus dozens of additional interdisciplinary topics
- 350+ Scientific Papers & Poster Displays
. . . IMPROVING LIVES
PROGRESS IN REHABILITATION RESEARCH NOW OFFERS NONSTOP CONTENT FOR PEDIATRIC REHABILITATION
Thanks to the efforts of the new ACRM Pediatric Networking Group, this year’s annual conference in Toronto will deliver NONSTOP content for Pediatric Rehabilitation. Read more >>>
TWO NEW ACCREDITATIONS FOR DIETICIANS AND HEALTH CARE EXECUTIVES
ACRM aims to provide high-caliber, evidence-based educational programming for the whole rehabilitation team. This year, Continuing Education Credit will be available in your choice of 11 disciplines, including credit for dieticians and health care executives.
CONTENT FOCUS EXPANDS TO INCLUDE CANCER REHABILITATION IN 2014
The newly formed ACRM Cancer Rehabilitation Networking Group is off and running and is bringing TWO pre-conference Instructional Courses to Toronto, on Wednesday, 8 October 2014. Watch also for nonstop cancer rehabilitation content from this dynamic group during the core conference.
Instructional Courses for Cancer Rehabilitation:
- Cancer Rehabilitation: An Update and Discussion of Future Care
- Cancer Rehabilitation: Utilization of Inpatient Rehabilitation for the Oncology Patient
BRUCKER INTERNATIONAL LUNCHEON SPEAKER ANNOUNCED
The ACRM International Networking Group announced the speaker of this year’s Brucker International Luncheon, Donald T. Stuss, PhD, C Psych, ABPP-CN. Dr. Stuss is founding president and scientific director of the Ontario Brain Institute and will present, Completing the Circle between Science and Rehabilitation: The Ontario Brain Institute Story.
—Chris MacDonell, CARF
— Mar Cortes, MD, Clinical Research, Burke Medical Research Institute, White Plains, NY
Thanks for everything!” —Diana Krasteva, Physiotherapist, Lion’s Gate Hospital, North Vancouver, BC